It’s October and that time of the year yet, again; check out some fun facts you could use to impress your fellow #ADE2016 buddies. Or just yourself. By turning into an expert on ADE. Learn these by heart. Or don’t. Either way, now that you’re aware of its magnitude and an immense influence on both the Dutch and the international scene lets take you through the journey of ADE.
1. A complete range of daytime conferences consists of 7 different kinds? All with a clear focus on EDM and the objective to push the industry forward. Whether headed to ADE Green, ADE Pro, ADE Tech, HDE, ADE University, ADE Next or ADE Beamlab; you’re bound to be inspired, surprised, taught, amazed or just get triggered in more than many ways.
2. The architects behind Amsterdam Dance Event are called “The Amsterdam Dance Event Foundation” The very first edition of ADE held in 1996 where its focus laid on the ‘Leidseplein’ – one of Amsterdam’s most famous squares. All its daytime activities held at De Balie [head over there to enjoy the hustle and bustle of this busy square] and the all the nightly shows hosted by surrounding venues such as Paradiso, Melkweg and Club Escape.
3. ADE conference, as the latter’s called is considered one of the most influencing and significant of its kind. Its wide range of networking possibilities and a clear focus on talent growth attracts many visitors from around the world who are related to the dance music scene.
4. Last year’s edition of ADE United over 375.000 visitors and fans from all over the world holding over 100 different nationalities. Talking of a melting pot!
5. The ADE Festival, which primarily takes place at night consists of a staggering 450 events with more than 2,200 performing artists in 115 of the most iconic, famous or simply the coolest venues in town.
This and many other reasons to add ADE to your bucket list!
What better place to celebrate music than AMF 2016?